Superfast Superbowl Wings
If you've got a need for speed and need to crank out large amounts of wings during the big game follow these simple tricks.
- Buy wings pre-cut (disjointed) with the tips removed. Sometimes frozen bags of wings are offered at local supermarkets for a lower price already cut. If you want fresh look for large savings packs (many supermarkets will cut the wings for you and remove the tips)
- Bring a large stock pot of water with 2 tbsp salt to a boil. If you have a large deep fryer or want to splurge for the oil the wings may also be deepfried.
- Cook in boiling water or oil for 15-20 minutes
- Remove from water and place in collander, pat dry. Or remove from oil and place on paper towels to soak up excess oil. Toss in your choice of sauces.
- Place wings into a preheated 425 degree oven or onto preheated grill and cook until desired level of skin doneness(10-20 minutes) turning halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from grill or oven and toss in a large mixing bowl with more sauce if desired. Serve with bleu cheese dressing or ranch. Garnish with carrot sticks and celery.
Easy Hot Wing Sauce
Equal parts of hot sauce to Melted butter(unsalted) or margerine
1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste